Pick3 - South Africa National Lottery
If you are a lottery junkie and you could pick the number daily, we have the perfect game for you! The Ithuba national operator decided to add another game to their lottery portfolio that currently includes Lotto and Powerball. We are talking about Pick3, the newest game allowing you to match particular numbers with the ones that will be drawn.
Pick3 is at the same time simple and complicated. At its core, you pick a combination and watch the results to see if you won. In practice, it may be a bit complex to understand, which is why we will dedicate this article to teaching you how to play pick. If you are ready to begin, there is no time to waste because draws are happening every day and you can start choosing your numbers as early as today.
Rules and Guidelines
The newest national lottery takes place daily. That means the operator organizes draws and gives the players a chance to win every evening, and you can watch the draw on national TV. Don’t worry – it is easy to check the results even if you haven’t watched. They are available on the official website of the operator and published minutes after drawing the numbers.
The main idea of the game is similar to any other lottery – you want to pick the winning numbers. The execution, however, is a bit different than what you might be used to in lotteries. You should choose three numbers from 0 to 9, and you should do that from the available three fields on a single board.
Each ticket allows you to play only a single bet, which means only the results for that wager will be valid. The good news is that you can buy as many tickets as you want to boost your odds for winning.
What Types of Bets Can You Make?
Here are the match types you can make when playing Pick:
- Straight - allows you to select a single number from each of the three fields. The goal is to match all of them in that order. For example, if you pick “246,” the results also have to be “246” in that order. You can expect the highest prizes if you manage to match the numbers and nail this prize.
- Front pair – in this type of bet, you only focus on choosing a number from the first two fields, and the last section isn’t relevant.
- Split pair – here you should focus on the first and third field.
- Back pair – the last two sections play a role here. All the pair wagers are similar and give more modest, but attractive prizes that depend on the results and the bet amount.
- 3-way mix – you pick a single number from each section, but the trick is that one of the numbers must be the same. For example, you can choose “223” or “221.”
- 6-way mix – the same as above, but you need to ensure all numbers are different.
Each game slip is only valid from one of the bets above. You only compare the results to that particular bet, and you win if you have a match.
The great thing about Pick3 is that you can purchase as many game tickets as you want. You can even choose different bet amounts with the smallest one being R3, the medium R5 and R10, and the biggest R20. If the results show a positive outcome, your lottery prize will directly depend on what you invested.
What Else Should You Know about the Game?
The biggest prize you can win per slip is R10,000. It involves a straight match and a maximum bet of R20. The mix tickets offer moderate winnings, and pair bets cannot yield more than R1,000.
Although the prizes do not seem as tempting, keep in mind that this is a daily lottery. The fact that you can watch and check out the results every evening is what makes this game attractive.
The crucial thing to note is that Ithuba places a limit when it comes to payouts. They also call it the liability limit, and it is set at 15 million for every game. That may stop you from playing the desired match on the ticket.
Since everything is digitalized, the operator or online server will immediately inform you if the bet limit for a particular set of numbers is reached. In that case, you will need to pick a different match and hope for the best.
Think of it a safety net that the national operator uses to guarantee the winnings. The sales on a daily level cannot be that big, which is why they need to ensure a liability limit to make a fun game with prizes that will actually be paid out. That way you can sit back and relax and hope the results will qualify you for the main prize.